Eduardo Buenavista of "Pangako Sa ‘Yo" Becomes New Primetime Heartthrob

Eduardo Buenavista of the new “Pangako Sa ‘Yo” makes hearts melt and squeal at the same time.

Ian Veneracion is inarguably one of the best-looking leading men in showbiz. Yet it’s his stint as Eduardo in the “Pangako Sa ‘Yo” remake that may well have catapulted him into primetime heartthrob status.

For the new Eduardo (originally played by Tonton Gutierrez), the actor must have a boy-next-door charm, sex appeal, and gentlemanly demeanor. As Amor (Jodi Sta. Maria) put it, “Kayo si Richard Gomez eh, pantasya ng bayan.” And it’s safe to say that Ian possesses all those qualities.

Does he have a secret to it?

“Thank you but wala akong special secret,” he told Push in a recent interview. “I admit that I am 40 na so all the more I am thankful for being given this opportunity to work with the likes of Jodi Sta. Maria and Angelica Panganiban who are so much younger than me.”

It helps that Ian lives an active lifestyle. He’s into running and boxing. Apart from that, he also shared to Push that he loves skydiving, paragliding (he’s a licensed paraglider pilot!), sailing, and mountain climbing!

Though he has maintained a lean physique, Ian played it coy and said that he doesn’t have a six-pack.

“But I play basketball, I play tennis, I play football,” he added. “Siguro your body is just a reflection of the things that you do and I'm not a big fan of the gym kasi I'm afraid to be vain. I don't see myself carrying weights and looking in the mirror and posing. That's just not me. So I'd rather do martial arts or boxing or something where may hinahabol kang na bola or may ka-spar ka na tao… Yung competitive nature in me likes yung mga ganun. Pero wala akong abs kahit kailan.”

“Pangako Sa ‘Yo” airs weeknights on Primetime Bida. Catch previous episodes on iwantv.com.ph.

http://starcinema.abs-cbn.com/latest-news/june/june7/ian-veneracion-new-primetime-heartthrob

Post a Comment

0 Comments